Tell Me About Yourself Award
It was raining hard when I got up around 6.00 this morning, well not hard as in terrible, but consistent showers, the kind that slowly sinks into the earth, softening the layers, while eroding the tarred roads and streets for good measure and creating potholes huge enough to cause havoc to vehicles. Needless to say I felt cold and getting out of bed proved a herculean task but I had to fight the laziness that was brought on by the weather and get up to prepare the kids for school. They had also been affected by the weather and wanted to stay in to snuggle further under the sheets. No amount of shouts and cajoling from me would get them up. Thankfully, their father took over, got them out of bed and soon had them ready for school (don’t ask me how he did it, because I don’t know that myself. Boysz-boyz affair, is all I can say.) I heaved a big sigh as they drove off.
Where is this all leading to? I just was in no mood for work. And so I dilly-dallied at home, until having no option I finally drove through the showers ever so carefully (mercifully less traffic today) to work and got in around 10.15 am, by which time I was so at odds with myself I could flip my lid. I know, poor work ethics and all. But this is Ghana for you and one of the Public sector idiosyncracies.
Eventually I settled down and went through my mails, there was a post from dear Boomie of http://boomiebol.wordpress.com which changed my mood drastically and lifted my spirits up. A huge thanks to you Boomie my friend, for nominating me for the Tell Me About Yourself Award. Your wonderful award made me count my blessings this lovely rainy day instead of moping. A shrill and loud shout out to all who follow, read, like, and comment. This is one big show of love and I am ever grateful.
There are only a few simple rules to accepting this award:
1. Thank the person that nominated you and provide a link back to their blog. (Done) http://boomiebol.wordpress.com
2. Tell the world 7 things about yourself that you have not yet shared.
* I love sleek cars, especially the big ones, irrespective of the make
* I love fine perfumes and use them lavishly to the chagrin of my husband.
* I have a terrible habit of being acerbic in my comments and observations sometimes, though my friends find this funny and laugh at such comments. Acerbic sense of humour if I am to be charitable with myself.
* I used to love politics so much, and was involved in student politics in my university days
* I love to dance (sure I haven’t said this before?)
* Liars turn me off
* I’m sorry, but I don’t like pets
3. Nominate 7 fellow bloggers and let them know. Here they are in no particular order: Please stop by and visit them if you can.They are wonderful blogs in their own rights, yes sir/madame!