“Behold I do not give lectures or a little charity, When I give I give myself. ” Walt Whitman (1819-1892);
“If you have much, give of your wealth; if you have little, give of your heart.” Arabic Proverb –
“In giving you are throwing a bridge across the chasm of your solitude.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery (1900-1944);
“Giving is a universal opportunity. Regardless of your age, profession, religion, income bracket, and background, you have the capacity to create change.” Laura Arrillaga-Andreessen – Philanthropist
“If instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gist of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving, as the angels give.”
, Scottish Author and Poet
“The Wise Woman’s Stone” Author Unknown
A wise woman who was travelling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation. The traveler left, rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give hims security for a lifetime. But a few days later, he came back to return the stone to the wise woman.
“I’ve been thinking,” he said. “I know how valuable the stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone.”
And so without much ado, the honours:
- Thank & Link-back to your nominator: My heartfelt thanks and tons of appreciation to Sexy Sassy of SASSY IS HELL ON HEELS for honouring me with the Beautiful Blogger Award. Visit her blog to read her beautiful, gentle and soul inspiring poems and write ups.
- Nominate 7, 6, or fewer (or more) other blogs that you enjoy to receive this award as well: And they are, in no particular order:
- Post a comment on each of your nominees blogs with a link to your page for the details: (done)
- Paste the Award image somewhere on your blog, if so desired: (done)
- And, continue blogging all your beautiful reflections, suggestions, and musings.