Beautiful Blogger, Commentator,, Reader Appreciation and Creative Chaos Awards
Not in rewards, but in the strength to strive, the blessing lies. J. T. Towbridge
The great blessings of mankind are within us and within our reach; but we shut our eyes, and, like people in the dark, we fall foul upon the very thing we search for, without finding it. Seneca
Our prayers should be for blessings in general, for God knows best what is good for us. Socrates
When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around. Willie Nelson
One of the blessings of being rich is the blessing to be charitable Unknown
There’s no disaster that can’t become a blessing, and no blessing that can’t become a disaster Richard Bach
I sound like a broken record (ignore the cliché) but I don’t know if there is a connection between rains and awards, at least for me. You see, it rained so hard today. Not the consistent showers, mind you. It started in the early hours of the new day, with thunders and streaks of lightening flashing across the angry skies. And I was scared, really afraid. I don’t know if I’ve said it before on this blog but I am so so afraid of thunderstorms. Now as a Christian, who believes in the power of the Word, I shouldn’t be, because God has assured us that even if the mountains move into the seas we should not be afraid. I dare say that this is one territory I am yet to conquer. But I digress. I stayed awake all throughout and not even the cuddling from my hubby could allay my fears.
The connection? The thunderstorm showered me with four (4) awards today from two amazing fellow bloggers, Online Funland and Jennifer M. Eaton. I’m so elated that they thought me worthy for such honour. Thank you, dears. The awards are as follows:
* Beautiful Blogger Award, Commentator Award and Reader Appreciation Award from Online Funland. This is a wonderful blog; full of life and humour. Please check her out to taste of her offerings
With the Beautiful Blogger and Commentator Awards, I am being honoured with them for the second time each and so I will skip the rules and go on straight to the Reader Appreciation Award. This time, there are no rules, just nominate any number of people and honour them.
And my nominees are:
* Creative Chaos Award from Jennifer M. Eaton. Jennifer, a writer, aims at helping all writers be the best they can be. Visit her blog to read her fine and insightful tips on writing.
Here are the rules:
1. Three weird things I do:
* I love the feel of the hem of any dress or attire I wear, against my fingers and so I fold it and play with it. It’s an addiction, actually.
* I talk to myself a lot.
* I like eating the leftovers of my kids, rather than throwing them away. (well I don’t have dogs since I don’t like them)
2. You must tell why you look at the “glass half full” or “Half empty”
* I guess I look at it half empty; a throw back from past experiences. This is an area that I’m working on.
3. You find yourself in a desolate place when your car breaks down. You have no cell phone service, no Wal-Mart, and only a candy bar for food. It is 150 miles to the closest town. What color are your underpants and why?
* I’d walk and keep walking till I get there. (incidentally, there is no Wal-Mart in Ghana. Really, some of these questions should take us folks into consideration) Colour of underpants? Ha! I’d skip this, honestly.
4. Nominate 5 people who recently followed your blog. Here they are in no particular order:
A big shout out to all my wonderful followers, likers, commenters and visitors to my blog. I appreciate you all and without you I won’t be here today. A warm hug and blessings to all my fellow Friday Fictioneers. Shalom!